The goal of Oak Chapel United Methodist Youth Program is to walk with youth in their journey to know Jesus Christ and to create an environment where youth can experience Christian fellowship, hear the gospel to know God’s love and respond in faith by loving and serving others.
We have a UMYF group for students in grades 7-12 and a Saplings group for students in grades 3-6. Both groups meet on Sunday evenings 6:30-8:00 at the church. The UMYF group is currently studying “Identity” by Eric Mason.
Some things we have done recently include:
- Viewing the movie and discussing The Gospel According to the Hunger Games – UMYF
- Learning to use the Bible (New Testament) – Saplings
- Making crafts for the upcoming church bazaar – all youth
- Attending Canal District Youth Rally at Medina UMC
Some things planned for the future include:
- Participating in Trunk or Treat – All youth
- Assembling items to take to Valley Head, West Virginia – all youth
- Studying Adam Hamilton’s The Journey – all youth and Sunday evening adult group
- Overnight mission trip to Valley Head West Virginia – all youth
- Girl’s Night Out, Spa Night – UMYF
For more information contact Pam Domer.